Friday, October 29, 2004

Skippy of the Day: Jonathan Goode

I, myself, was never very enthusiastic about science fair projects, but at least I never did anything as stupid and insulting as this:

Jonathan Goode (grade 7) applied findings from many fields of science to support his conclusion that God designed women for homemaking: physics shows that women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited to carrying groceries and laundry baskets; biology shows that women were designed to carry un-born babies in their wombs and to feed born babies milk, making them the natural choice for child rearing; social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay; and exegetics shows that God created Eve as a companion for Adam, not as a co-worker.
On normal Skippy posts, I go into a long analysis of the quote. I'm not doing that here because (a) this is not really a quote, (b) the weekend is nearing and I am tired and (c) really, what else can I add to this?

It's a weird note to end a week on, but then again it was a weird week. See you all for the big show on Tuesday. Have a great weekend.


(Postscript: After some online research, it would appear that the website I linked to might be a parody site. If it is, then it's an incredibly subtle parody and I have chosen a fictional seventh grader as my Skippy of the Day. But, after having checked the Acrentropy bylaws, I have discovered that the entry is not in violation and will stand as-is. At the very least, I want to keep that link intact for future reference. Bye.)

No comments: