Saturday, March 11, 2006

Welcome to the world of MP3's!

Yes, I'm waaaaay behind on this one.

Not to MP3's themselves, or course, but rather MP3 players. I decided recently that, since I have a $100 overtime check coming that I would join the rest of the free world and get one.

After researching different models for four or five hours (Excessive? Hey, I'm a Librarian. It's what I do), I suddenly realized that my Palm Zire 31 can play MP3's with the addition of a memory expansion card. So, I ordered a One Gig card through Amazon, it came three days later, I monopolized the computer much to Mrs. Mosley's chagrin and ... Wallah! An MP3 player! And at a cost of about $50.

Granted, my Palm is not nearly as tricked out as an Ipod, but it suffices for my needs. I've uploaded 250 of my favorite tracks so far and still have about a third of the card's space left. Since it's tradition to share one's playlists on blogs, I thought I'd hit the shuffle button and let you folks know the first ten that come up:

Take Five - The Dave Brubeck Quartet
Pleasantville Soundtrack

Vertigo (Prelude) - Bernard Herrmann
Herrmann/Hitchcock: A Partnership in Terror

Give My Love to Rose - Johnny Cash
American IV: The Man Comes Around

Let it Be - The Beatles
The Beatles 1

I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Greatest Hits

I'm Going Slightly Mad - Queen
Classic Queen

On the Bound - Fiona Apple
When the Pawn...

Tank! (TV Edit) - Yoko Kanno & the Seatbelts
Cowboy Bebop CD Box

Be Careful What You Eat - Animaniacs
Steven Spielberg Presents Animaniacs

My Favorite Things - John Coltrane
American Splendor Soundtrack

No comments: