Friday, May 18, 2007

Everything happens at once

Damn, folks. I post a video three months ago and then, within a 48 hour period, the hits go from 4,000 to 62,000. I'm flattered, I'm humbled and I thank you all for the kind words. The project started simply as a "could it be done" thing, but it's great so many people are getting a kick out of it.

Weird timing, though. All of this is happening at the same time as the Jacksonville Film Festival. I skipped out on screenings last night, but I'll be first in line to one of the 11am screenings this morning. And, as with the previous two years, I'll be posting reviews of what I see.

Oh, and for those of you wondering, yes I am planning on some other videos. One is already done and will be in submission to a little mini-festival downtown. It's a stop-motion LEGO short, and I'll be posting it to YouTube on Sunday or Monday. As for another clip show, I am working on one. And since most of you are viewing the "100 Movies" video as a "Guess That Film" game, You'll be glad (and frightened) to know that the next one will also feature about 100 clips ... in three minutes.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It got so many hits coz it's featured on imdb.com! Well done!

Dennis Cozzalio said...

What Mary said, AM. IMDb has it as one of its featured links today, and they won't change those again until Monday, so you'll have a whole weekend of high traffic thanks to them!

And I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the video as well. I linked to it on my site, and Kim Morgan did on hers too. Please let me know when you come up with a new one!