Monday, December 03, 2007

"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

We were watching our DVD of "The Empire Strikes Back" last night and at one point I turned to Mrs. Mosley and said "There will never be another like Harrison Ford".

I remain firm in that conviction, yet I'll state without hesitation that I have been incredibly unenthusiastic about the prospect of a fourth Indiana Jones film. Despite having so many talented people on board (not least of which is Spielberg himself), I didn't know if seeing the geriatric Ford perform all his Indiana Jones daring-do would be exciting or just very, very sad.

Then I came across some advance photos courtesy of IMDb:



Well, I have to admit: he's looking pretty good here. I know alot of this impression is a combination of the clothes and the hiring of a superb makeup artist, yet with film being a visual medium, these things cannot be tossed aside as superficial. If he doesn't look the part, then half the battle of pulling it off is lost. So, though I'm still not counting the days until it's released, I can say that it has at least piqued my interest now.



And as a side note, it's nice to see Karen Allen back on board the franchise. She and Harrison had some great chemistry in that first film that was never really replicated in the second and third.

Welcome back, Marion Ravenwood. We missed you.

No comments: