Sunday, November 01, 2009

Roscoe Lee Browne Quote of the Month: November 2009

Dear God really is just a blip in the career of Browne. Coming between his gigs on the two Babe films, he's given a role in which he and his voice are criminally underused. He plays Idris, who is a sort of the Roger Murtaugh of the Post Office: He's too close to retirement to be screwing around with the crazy new guy who might mess it up. The new guy here is Tom Turner (Greg Kinnear), who is assigned a year in the dead letter office as punishment for his crimes as a con artist. Idris quickly gives him the lowdown:


Idris: "I'm two months away from my 20th year, and then I'm out of here, gone."

Tom: "20 years?"

Idris: "Yep. I couldn't raise my family as a musician. Couldn't raise myself as a musician."

No comments: