Thursday, February 18, 2010

Get on with it!

Here's a hell of a thing for a Librarian to say: I should stop reading so many books.

About two years ago, I read a report that the next Scorsese film would be an adaptation of Dennis Lehane's novel "Shutter Island". As luck would have it, I was looking for a book to read right then and had seen a copy of this book on the shelf recently. So I checked it out and read it.

Is it a good book? Yes, I would say it is. However, it has a twist ending that you'll either love or hate. Personally, I was fine with it, but knowing that ending permanently colors the way I look at all the previews, which have become more numerous and obnoxious as we all approach tomorrow's release date. Martin is going for some weird camera tricks and CGI with this one, and I'm afraid that this, combined with the ending, is going to elicit more giggles and scares.

Oh well, the sooner it comes out, the sooner the anticipation will die down... and the sooner Scorsese can get to work on the Sinatra Biopic.

No comments: