Sunday, May 09, 2010

"Realistic" dieting


This past week did a number to my diet and to my weight, so I find myself starting from square one. In this spirit, I clicked a story on Yahoo yesterday titled "10 Simple Tricks for Eating Less". I tend to get a little cynical and cranky about such articles, but seeing as I had just fallen off the wagon, I figured I'd give it a shot.

Most of the tips I already knew. Some, like the drinking of more water, I plan on adopting. And then there was the last one which said, I quote:
"Quitting chocolate entirely is nearly impossible and will most likely result in a weak moment of binge eating. When you get a craving for sweets, eat one M&M instead of the whole bag. The tiny bit of naughty food will satisfy your urge and keep you from obsessing over the sweet treat for hours to come."
Excuse me. I'm trying really hard not to be negative, but one M&M? Are you freaking kidding me? The only way this would ever ever work is if it were the size of the talking ones in the commercials.

No comments: