Monday, March 03, 2008

"Oooo...It's the Big One...I'm comin' to you, Elizabeth!"

For the last couple of weeks, I had a bit of a health scare. I kept feeling pains in my chest that I thought might be heart trouble. Level heads prevailed, though, in the form of my wife and my doctor. Both told me that as a 34 year old with no family history of heart disease (plus my no-smoking, no-drinking lifestyle), that it was highly unlikely that I could be having heart trouble. A clean EKG and three chest X-rays helped to finally put my mind to rest.

As to what it could be, my doctor said that chest pains can be any number of things including indigestion and simple stress. Well, I finally found out the cause of all that misery: Twenty years after he first played FBI agent Alonzo Mosely (and twelve years since he last appeared in a feature film), Yaphet Kotto is currently reprising his beloved character ... in a Larry "The Cable Guy" Movie.

I really wish I had a snappy closing to that, but everytime I try to think of one, I break down in sobs.

No comments: