Friday, March 06, 2009

Bibliophibians

So Mrs. Mosley and I went to the big used book sale downtown last night. For me, the fun of it is really the looking, not the buying. This is fortunate, as I find myself buying less and less books every year at the sale. Last night I bought a total of FOUR (!), costing me seven dollars.

One was a plain red hardcover in very good condition of H.G. Wells short stories. One was a hardcover of American poetry in excellent condition that is an exact duplicate of one I already own that is in very crappy condition. One was a large paperback of Tom Robbins' Skinny Legs and All also in excellent condition. Finally, there was a book I was actually looking for specifically, a hardcover copy of Douglas Adams' Salmon of Doubt. And given that the crappy condition poetry book will now go into the Goodwill bag, I'm actually only adding three books to my collection.

All in all, a good haul. Quality counts for something.

And having said all that, yes, I'm going back on Sunday when everything is half off.

No comments: