Friday, January 01, 2010

Samuel L. Jackson Quote of the Month: January 2010

One of my goals in doing this "Quote of the Month" series was to, in the process of researching quotes, get myself exposed to new films. Well, with the arrival of little C.C., I'm finding myself with less time to do so. In light of this, I've decided to choose an actor for 2010 that will make my job easier.





Well, I suppose it's hardly a surprise when the guy's name is in the post title.

But even though I'm choosing someone who has entire websites dedicated to his quotes (I haven't checked, but I'm sure there are some), I'm going to attempt to choose some less obvious films and quotes. In other words, don't expect anything that combines snakes and planes.

So, in that vein, let's start with one of his early films that some people are surprised to hear that he was even in: Jurassic Park. Yes, indeed. It was Samuel L. Jackson and Wayne "Newman" Knight who played Ray and Dennis, who worked behind the scenes at the park. And you can bet that Knight (who rarely plays anything but "Newman") is irritating enough to raise that superb Jackson ire:

Ray Arnold: [trying to bring the system back on-line] "Access main program. Access main security. Access main program grid."

Dennis Nedry: [on computer] "Uh uh uh! You didn't say the magic word! Uh uh uh!"

Ray Arnold: "Please! God damn it! I hate this hacker crap!"

No comments: