Thursday, January 07, 2010

"Thou know’st. The Knave abideth."

I am totally and utterly speechless (via Metafilter). So much work must have been put into this, but the time and effort really shows. A sample (which mirrors this quote):

WALTER
My lord, I do deny it is her toe.

THE KNAVE
Whose toe be it, if not my lady’s toe?

WALTER
Vexatious problem that, but not of heft.
There’s naught to indicate the lady’s harm’d.

THE KNAVE
The fresh green paint of fair Miss Bonnie’s nail!

WALTER
Marry, sir, nail-painting, rugs and urine.
A man may paint the white toe green, tell her,
Paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come.

THE KNAVE
And where might a man fetch a toe?

WALTER
O toe!
Thou wouldst have a toe? A toe can be obtain’d.
Ways are known, Knave. Thou wilt not like to hear.
I’ll have a toe for thee this afternoon
Ere singeth cockerel at three o’clock.

No comments: