Monday, April 25, 2005

Movie Quotes: The Big Lebowski

What is going on lately with body parts and fast food restaurants?!?! First there was the woman who found a fingertip in her bowl of chili at Wendy's. Now there's a man who claims to have found a piece of human skin in his sandwich at Arby's!

All together now: EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!

The woman who found the fingertip is apparently now suspected of planting it in the chili in order to sue Wendy's. This particular revelation prompted a question from Mrs. Mosley this morning: "Where did she even get a fingertip?"

A fair question, but I couldn't help but recall the hilarious exchange between the Dude (Jeff Bridges) and Walter (John Goodman) in The Big Lebowski when the kidnappers of a rich man's wife sends out a box with her toe inside it:

Walter: That wasn't her toe, Dude.

Dude: Whose toe was it, Walter?

Walter: How the f*ck should I know? I do know that nothing about it indicates...

Dude: The nail polish, Walter.

Walter: Fine, Dude. As if it's impossible to get some nail polish, apply it to someone else's toe...

Dude: Someone else's...where the f*ck are they going to get a...

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Dude: Yeah, but Walter...

Walter: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with nail polish.

3 comments:

John said...

I've been thinking about seeing this movie since the National Review declared it to be one of the most philosophically significant movies of modern times a couple of months ago.

Alonzo Mosley (FBI) said...

I never thought I'd be saying this about a National Review article, but that's something I'd be interested in reading.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call it philosophical, but it was sure funny as hell!