Tuesday, November 15, 2005

So much for libraries being quiet.

Not that I'm complaining. Not at all. At this moment, we apparently have several events going on at various levels of the (open) grand staircase.

On the fourth floor above me, a boys and girls choir called "Ritz Voices" is performing choral and a cappella music (their version of the national anthem, I have to say, is one of the best I've ever heard).

On the second floor below me, a group of nine children decked out in white karate outfits are executing practiced moves and shouting out simultaneously with each one. They have followed this with them all taking turns throwing one another over their shoulders and onto the mats.

This is making an interesting point / counterpoint. I wish all my night shifts were as cool as this one.

No comments: