Friday, January 14, 2011

It's a wonderful thing when it finally feels right.


Writing is something I've been trying my hand at for many years now, but most of the time it has been a slog. I have now made two attempts at the whole NaNoWriMo thing and have fallen through both times. If I'm to be honest with myself, I have to admit that the joy just isn't there.

On the other hand, the time I have spent making videos for YouTube have been incredibly fun. The end product has varied, of course, but the process has never been less than grand, and that's a concrete fact that I should pay attention to. I'm a movie person more than a book person, and it should not have taken me this long to finally realize that my natural artistic output would mirror these tendencies.

I decided that with this new year I would make a new LEGO film building on what I have learned from the other three. Previously, I had deadlines to meet that confined my work to three or four months, but this time I'm giving myself until the end of this year; One year to work on a project from beginning to end and ensure that it's as perfect as it can be.

I have a new laptop and new editing software. I have the LEGO. And I have plans (oh, do I have plans...) to make a nice, tight ten minute space adventure to truly entertain those who see it. The past two weeks has been a blizzard of little notes and storyboards and ideas and I've been having a blast. I'll be passing along pictures and updates on the project (which I'll name "Ten" for the time being) for your viewing pleasure.

Tomorrow: The Color Test

No comments: