Thursday, September 09, 2004

Laura Ingalls Wilder can kiss my pasty white butt

I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. But when she wrote all her quaint little stories about living the simple life before electricity, she didn't know about the humid sweltering swamp known as Florida.

As of this post, my home has been without power for 84 hours straight, with no solution in sight. The most irritating aspect to this whole situation is that most of the surrounding neighborhoods (and all of the businesses) are up, yet my isolated section is cloaked in pitch black. The current prediction from the Jacksonville Electric Authority is that we (we being the remaining 10 percent of Jacksonville households still without power) will probably have the power back up by, ugh, Monday.

So this is to warn all, and any, readers of this blog that if I seem a little grumpy lately, It's not just because of the presidential race.

No comments: