Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Election 2004: Prologue

It's an interesting time to be a Floridian.

Four years ago, I was still renting a house with two friends of mine and about to embark for another city to begin graduate school. As it happened, that city was Tallahassee and I arrived on the 2nd of January, 2001; mere weeks after the droves of reporters had left.

Flash to today, where another Presidential election is in the mix. Most everybody here can feel the eyes of the nation burning on the backs of our necks. This year we have pre-election voting, which quite frankly still blows me away. Nevertheless, I decided to take advantage of it this morning and get my vote cast (The fact that the library I work at is a block away from the Supervisor of Elections office is also a nice incentive).

The actual and final Election day is exactly one week from now, and I'll be glad when it's over. No matter how passionate you are about your candidate, the negativity from both sides begins to wear on you after awhile. I'll be pleased as punch to anticipate movie release dates again with the nervousness and impatience which is currently spent on November 2nd.

No comments: