Thursday, December 08, 2005

DVD Goodness and Badness

The good news for my wallet is that I can now go through the Digital Bits Upcoming DVD Art gallery and not feel compelled to buy a dozen or more new DVD's.

The bad news is that I keep running into my favorite movies being released in special editions that I've already purchased in standard editions. Such was the case with The Great Escape, The Fifth Element and The Truman Show in previous years, which I have held off buying a second time. With Malcom X, I actually bothered to trade in for the new one at MovieStop for the sake of the extras.

Now I see that Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Bueller Bueller Edition and The Wild Bunch Two-Disc Special Edition are both coming out next month. ARGH! Stop doing this to me, or so help me I'll stop buying DVD's altogether!

Eh, who am I kidding?


One addendum: Though I do not feel compelled to purchase a dozen DVD's, I will put one of the upcoming titles on my wish list: Star Trek: Fan Collective - Borg. This follows the Patrick Stewart ST:TNG set from a few years ago. Let's all scrunch our eyes up and wish really, really hard that a Q set comes out soon hereafter.

No comments: