Friday, February 22, 2008

Relinquishing the Chalice



Last year, Mrs. Mosley made a decision to switch to caffeine free Diet Coke because she was afraid all the caffeine she was taking in was bad for heart (as evidenced by small heart flutters she would get occasionally). Though she'll still have a regular Diet Coke when we go out, she only drinks the caffeine free stuff at home, and she feels much healthier for it.

My wife was fortunate in her not being a coffee fiend as well as cola addict. Her transition was smooth compared to what mine will be. Yes, I'm giving up coffee. At least, I'm giving up regular coffee (though I'm going to limit my decaf intake to two to three servings a week). I haven't had a cup since Wednesday morning, which resulted in my own heart flutter that gave me plenty of pause.

So if I seem incredibly grumpy in the next few weeks, you'll know why.

No comments: