Monday, April 21, 2008

The Kids are Alright

Mrs. Mosley and I watched My Boy Jack last night and really enjoyed it. It's the true story of how Rudyard Kipling's son Jack wanted to go fight in WWI despite the hindrance of poor eyesight. He eventually makes it to France and ... well, he finds out how incredibly awful that war was.

It was a great film, but I was particularly stoked about it because Daniel Radcliffe starred as Jack. I'm not a Harry Potter fanatic. I enjoy the movies and that's about it. However, I do enjoy the work of the three leads, and I have been nervous about how these kids will adjust and grow after all the Potter films are complete. Radcliffe was already on his way to doing adult roles through his stage work in Equus. Now here he is with (different shape) spectacles and very British mustache "going over the top" and doing a fantastic job.


And the good news doesn't stop with him. Last week it was announced that Emma Watson was taking the place of Scarlett Johansson in the period drama Napoleon and Betsy. Nice work, Hermione!

As for Rupert Grint, he hasn't exactly taken any high profile gigs outside of the Potter films yet, but I was heartened when I read a quote from him this morning on IMDb:
"I met Lindsay (Lohan) last summer and she talked about herself a lot. She said she was going to win an Oscar before she turns 25. I just kept thinking, 'But you can't act'. I haven't met Paris and don't want to either. She and Lindsay are the type of girls you need to stay away from."
Those are some smart kids.

No comments: