Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yes, heaven forbid the show look distinctive from every other cop show on TV.

Since I last mentioned the Rockford Files revamp last February, the studio shot a pilot and decided against it. However, it would appear that they are thinking of trying it again by replacing Dermot Mulroney with Lost's Josh Holloway.

On the one hand, I like the idea, and I think that Holloway deserves another steady paycheck and a place on TV every week to charm the heck out of us. On the other, I was rather disappointed on this revelation on why the Mulroney pilot was shelved.
"[It] looked like it was shot in the '70s," one source bemoaned to NYMag.com's Joe Adalian. "You didn't even know it was the current day until Jim pulled out his cell phone. It looked like Stephen J. Cannell directed it himself."
And my question is... SO?!?!?

No comments: