Thursday, May 15, 2008

One year and over one million hits later...

Strictly speaking, this isn't really a one year anniversary of "100 Movies 100 Quotes 100 Numbers". I originally posted the video at YouTube on February 19th, 2007. In the first 86 days after it was posted, the video had been viewed just over 4,000 times. Then on Tuesday, May 15th, the video was featured on the website I Am Bored, and all hell broke loose.

A flood of people found my video and from there posted links to it on their own sites. It was quickly picked up by such websites as Neatorama, Digg, Metafilter, YesButNoButYes, EW.com, and a number of different movie blogs. It even made it onto the top of IMDb's hot on Friday the 18th, which meant that it stayed on that list all weekend long.

The hits went through the roof, and I got comments from all over the world about how they loved it. Professional film critics Peter Bradshaw and Roger Ebert mentioned it on their websites. It was featured on the Very Short List website as well as the Colin Murray Show on BBC Radio 1.

I wish I had something profound to say about it. Getting comments is still very cool after all this time and has motivated me to make more videos (I'm working on a direct sequel to "100 Movies" to be finished sometime this summer). Mainly, this post is just a way to mark the occasion and thank the hundreds of thousands of people who have helped make the video a success.




And now I promise to finally shut up about it.

1 comment:

Bright Crow said...

I think its great that you're getting all this recognition!

It really ought to go to you for ALL your online work.

Thanks,
Mike