Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Skippy of the Day: Trent Lott

Trust Trent Lott to, when given the opportunity to clarify some controversial comments recently on The Daily Show with John Stewart, only dig himself deeper (Via Think Progress):

LOTT: "I always had trouble understanding — Iraqis look like Iraqis, and Americans look like Americans. Now I can’t tell –"

STEWART: "You mean that as unity, not as what the hell, they all look alike to me."

LOTT: "Methodist, Baptists, and Catholics live in my hometown. They all look the same to me, they all look like Americans."
I initially tried to write about this in regular paragraph form, but I'm thinking that bullet points will be easier:

So, in spite of Trent not living in a terribly representative part of the country, he feels confident that only White and Black people who are Christian really look like Americans. Arabs and Muslims (and Asians and Hispanics and Jews and Hindis) do not look like Americans.

Citizenship ain't what it used to be.

No comments: