Tuesday, July 17, 2007

LOT'S of little flaming wheelchairs

I recently joined the Bookcrossing.com website. For those of you unfamiliar it, you register specific copies of books on it, mark the number on the inside cover, and then leave them out anywhere for others to pick up. Whomever gets them next can then update on the site what their thoughts on the book are and where they then drop it off at. And so on. The end result is that the books are handed from person to person and, in some cases, state to state and country to country.

This sounded like a cool thing to be a part of, so I submitted a paperback copy of one of my favorites, Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates by Tom Robbins, and then dropped it off at a Panera earlier this evening.

Later on, I checked on the copy by doing a title search only to find that 125 copies of that title are already registered and floating around the world right now in places like Portugal, Turkey and Taiwan. Oh well, my submission isn't that original, but I'll be happy enough if it gets across the state line.

No comments: