Saturday, January 19, 2008

Helping the MST3K community

So I finally broke down and ordered The Oozing Skull from Cinematic Titanic (the next incarnation of Mystery Science Theater 3000). I had read great reviews of it, and at $15 (including shipping), I figured it was a safe gamble sight unseen. Unfortunately, that low price doesn't include a case of any sort. So I went looking to see if anyone had created one online, given that MST3K fans are a crafty and resourceful bunch.

In the midst of my searching I came across a Fan Made DVD Covers website for episodes which have been released by Rhino and also (cough) those that haven't. The website hasn't been updated in three years, but the art is still available as are the tools for making your own. My copy of Shorts Volume 3 was a limited special offer from Rhino and came only in a paper sleeve, so I decided to try my hand at making a cover for it. And here it is:



I may also do one for Oozing Skull if I don't find one online to my liking. If I do, I'll post it here.

No comments: