Monday, June 06, 2005

Literary Excerpts

It's going to be a busy day today, so I leave you with some choice quotes from my favorite books:

The Last Dancer by Daniel Keys Moran - "The young tend to be concerned with dying well. Personally I worry more about when; I expect to go out screaming and shooting and generally comporting myself with a lack of dignity."

Unlikely Stories, Mostly by Alasdair Gray - "The saint was small, paunchy and bow-legged. He squatted before a crack in a rocky cliff, grinning and blinking mirthlessly, like a toad. The emperor told the soldiers to wait, went forward, knelt before the saint and talked about the problem of empire."

The Last Hero: A Discworld Fable by Terry Pratchett - "I DON'T HOLD WITH CRUELTY TO CATS, said Death, putting it gently on the floor."

Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates by Tom Robbins - Are you kidding? I can't pick just one! Just go out and read the darn thing!

No comments: