Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Unburned flags help magically protect our troops from shrapnel.

Let me see if I got this straight: At a time when our troops are lacking sufficient armor, weapons and even pay, our big concern is passing a constitutional amendment making the burning of the American Flag illegal. Is this what conservatives mean when they say the Republican party has the right priorities?

You flag waving conservatives better slap a few more foreign-made yellow ribbon magnets on your cars, cause lord knows those are doing a fat lot of good to support our troops. Christ, for once I'd like to see these people make any physical effort to support our troops beyond the slapping of cheap crap on their SUV's and saying that they've done their part.

Personally, I'm with George Carlin on this:
"I don't get all choked up about yellow ribbons and American flags. I see them as symbols, and I leave symbols to the symbol-minded."

No comments: